I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Lauren at A Step-Mom in Training. The Liebster Award provides a fun and easy way to get to know other new bloggers (you must have under 200 followers). You then must also nominate 10 other blogs. What a warm welcome into the blogging community, this is a great way to meet new bloggers like yourself as well as get people to learn about you. – Thanks Lauren!
The Liebster Award Rules:
You must link back to the person who nominated you.
You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
The Questions I Was Asked:
- Who has influenced you the most? This is such a typical answer, but it has to be my Mom. Like most other mothers, she has played a critical role in shaping who I am. As a child, you have no choice into who influences you – you are shaped by your environment. But, now that I’m a grown woman I make the choice to look towards my mother for advice, influence, and a shoulder to cry on. She has quickly become one of my best friends. It’s a beautiful thing.
- What experience in life do you remember the most? The time that I also reflect on the most are my college years. This was such a magical time – a time to experiment and decide who you want to be, with the freedom to make mistakes and learn as you go. There are so many good memories with friends. I often get very nostalgic about my days at Washington College – even though at the time I probably wanted it to fly by!
- If you could get one re-do what would it be? Not date a certain someone for such a long period of my life.
- What made you start your blog? Someone I freelance for suggested I start writing a blog – at first I was hesitant and then I quickly realized this is something I’ve always wanted to attempt to do. So here I am, throwing my words out on the internet.
- If you could be anyone for a day who would you be and why? My Pop-Pop. He is the most charming and kind man. He basically knows a little bit about every person that he runs into. He has lived an elaborate life and always has the best stories. To be him for a day would mean getting to experience all of his wisdom and life stories. We can all learn a little something from Pop-Pop.
- Do you believe in true love? I believe that love is true.
- What are three things on your bucket list that you already accomplished or want to accomplish? Oh I love lists! Three things I WANT to accomplish 1. Be a mother (birth or adopt) 2. Become a better writer 3. Own a house on the water
- When you die what impact do you want to remember about you? I want to be remembered as being kind. The type of person you can openly talk to, hug, or ask for help.
- What is the biggest challenge you have overcome? My life has been easy – this questions always makes me feel bad, because in the end I’ve had to overcome what many others overcome daily – heart-break, depression, not knowing where to take my life – these aren’t obstacles, these are just parts of life.
- Are you the person you grew up wanting to be? Working on it! I still have time don’t I?
Here are my questions for my nominated bloggers to answer:
1. If there was a movie about your life who would play you?
2. What song is currently on “repeat” for you?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. What was the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
5. What is the best book that you’ve read in the past year?
6. What is your “go to” recipe for dinner?
7. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
8. What is the best thing you read on the internet this week?
9. Favorite place in your home
10. What is the story behind your worst scar?
My nominated blogs:
Please link me back when you post! I would love to read everyone’s answers!