Allow me to introduce you to my new favorite go to meal – Skinny Chicken Enchiladas! These are so tasty and easy!
Best part:1 enchilada only has 150 calories and 7 grams of fat! (for comparison, a regular chicken enchilada has around 320 calories and 13 grams of fat…)
Makes 8 Enchiladas
8 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 2.5 cups of cooked chicken breast, shredded (4-6 chicken breasts)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 whole green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup Salsa (I prefer the Mango Peach Salsa from Costco)
- 1/4 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt (plain)
- 1/4 cup Salsa (to place on the bottom of the dish)
- 1/3 cup reduced fat shredded cheese (to sprinkle on top of enchiladas before placing in the oven)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x 13 pan with cooking spray
- Sautee onion and green pepper until onions are lightly brown
- In a large bowl, prepare the enchilada filling. Mix together cooked chicken breast, greek yogurt, onion, green pepper, cumin, and cheese
- Pour 1/4 cup of salsa on the bottom of the pan.
- Place 1/4 cup of enchilada filling mixture in the center of each tortilla and wrap to create your enchilada. Place each enchilada in the pan with seam facing down.
- Create the enchilada sauce by mixing together the 3/4 cup of salsa and 1/4 greek yogurt.
- Pour the sauce on top of the enchiladas
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the enchiladas.
- Place enchiladas in the oven and cook for 20-30 until cheese is melted.
- Serve enchiladas immediately with optional toppings
Try not to eat the whole pan in one serving!