I love everything about the holidays except one thing: those pesky extra pounds that creep on after the multitude of holiday parties. I’m really feeling the extra weight this season. It is just so hard to say no to your favorite cookies, traditional family meals, and excessive drinking. Everything is a celebration – which means bring on the food and drink – which means an extra five pounds on my hips come January!
I always struggle at holiday parties. When food is in front of me I’m bound to eat it. Add alcohol into the mix and I tend to snack on double the amount that I should. I always like to bring a healthier plate to holiday parties to give me a little help.
This is why I was so happy to perfect this recipe of “Skinny” Mozzarella Sticks. They are so tasty that you don’t think twice about them being healthier than any kind you’d order up at your local bar. Made with egg roll wrappers, you can eat 2 or 3 of these mouth-watering treats and not feel too guilty!
They are an instant crowd pleaser for all ages. Plus, they won’t hurt your Christmas budget or take up too much of your precious Holiday time, leaving more time to celebrate!
Total Time: 20 minutes
12 pieces of mozzarella string cheese (I use Weight Watchers brand, only 1 point each)
12 egg roll wrappers
Olive oil (about 1/4 cup)
Marina sauce for dipping
1. Lay an egg wrapper flat and place a single cheese string in the bottom corner. Fold bottom corner and roll up. Dip the remaining corners in water and fold them around the cheese. (the water acts as a sealer. otherwise the wrapper will flap open while cooking).
2. Repeat with all wrappers and cheese sticks.
3. Begin to heat olive oil on a frying pan on your stove top.
4. Once the oil starts to bubble, add the sticks, a few at a time. Fry time for about 1 minute on each side or until they are golden brown.
5. Lie the finished sticks on papers towels to drain the excess oil.
6. Serve hot with marina sauce for dipping!
Happy Christmas feasting!