This summer has been filled with a lot of wine and toasting. What goes good with wine? Cheese. (Actually what doesn’t go with cheese?) This savory and sweet cheese ball goes well with both white wine and red wine as well as fun conversations with girl friends or long talks on docks with your love. (I made this cheese ball for both a girls’ night in as well as our anniversary trip to the Finger Lakes.)
It’s easy. Super easy. So if you’re still looking for a last-minute recipe to make for a Fourth of July get together you’ve found it!
I hope you all have a fun long weekend celebrating with friends and family. My best friend gets married this Saturday and I’m a ball of emotions. It’s going to be a beautiful wedding weekend. Think of me as I nervously await my Matron of Honor speech – I’m terrified of public speaking! But in all seriousness, I can’t wait to celebrate her and her love all weekend long. They are the most adorable couple. Cheers to them!
Now go and enjoy some wine with this awesome cheese ball:
Cranberry, Pecan, and White Cheddar Cheese Ball:
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
- 8 ounces of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 8 ounces, weight Shredded Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-½ cup Dried Cranberries
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the chopped pecans evenly over the baking pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a mixer, beat together the softened cream cheese and the shredded white cheddar cheese.
- Add in the pecans, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. Mix until everything is well blended. About 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the mixer and form it into a ball. Wrap the ball in Saran wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes. (I did mine the night before and let it sit in the fridge over night because of timing)
- Remove the cheese ball from the fridge and remove the Saran wrap. Cover the cheese ball in dried cranberries. You will have to push the cranberries into the cheese ball to secure them into place.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!