Remember when summer was all about, lounging around in your PJ’s all morning, lazy days at the pool, reading through a pile of books, and catching fireflies at dusk? Those were the days.
Ever since we returned from our beach vacation it feels like our lives have been on fast forward and I’ve barely been able to catch my breath, hence my absence from these parts. Summer is home of the longest days yet they are flying by!
Here’s a few updates from the MacDonald household:
- Working from home with a 10 month old is like working 10 jobs at once. I feel like I’m the Queen of Multitasking yet everything always feels half done.
- Wyatt is growing up SO fast. He’s constantly on the go and I swear he will be walking any day now. He keeps me on my toes as he wants to get into everything. He thinks the word “No” is funny. Other things he thinks his funny; chasing Maggie around the house, pulling all the books of book shelves, pulling out the toiletries from under the bathroom sink, dumping at the dog bowls, feeding Maggie all of his food, banging the TV remote on everything, and blowing raspberries on my thighs.
- It really is the most fun age yet though. His sweet and curious personality is contagious and each day we learn something new together. He’s such a mama’s boy!
- I’ve taken on more responsibility with my new job; and I absolutely love it. For those that don’t know, I work for a non-profit orchestra that focuses on music education in underserved school (a cause close to my heart) It’s amazing working a job that I truly feel connected to. I’m so much happier now than I was just two months ago.
- After Ryan got his job offer we started the daunting task of shopping for a house. Only to find out a week later that the dream of owning our own home will be one that will have to continue to be on the back burner for a while longer. Turns out that my income cannot count toward our total household income because I’m self-employed and have only been working this job for two months AND they count one’s TOTAL student loan debt (not the income based payments we make on Ryan’s astronomical student loans). I keep telling myself that good things come to those who wait.
- We are experiencing some very HOT days lately and I”m so thankful that we have my Pop-Pop’s pool to go to. Wyatt loves the water and never wants to get out.
- Lastly, I have a special announcement I will be making on Monday!! (not pregnant) I’ve been very busy behind the scenes and can’t wait to share what I’ve been up to with all of you! Stay tuned!
As always, follow along on Instagram to follow along with our every day moments!