I think it’s easy to say that I’ve made a fast transition into a full mommy blogger. Sorry for all you childless readers – but this is my life now. As it’s been awhile since I posted on anything not completely about Wyatt I thought I’d drop in and give a little life update.
The Big Stuff:
- I quit my job! It was time for a change and I was missing Wyatt terribly during the day. If you follow me on Instagram you saw my announcement last week. I have started a new part-time work from home job. Happiness and family time is much more important to me than money. So, after much thought, I decided it best to leave my job and pursue this new opportunity. I started working last week for the PA Philharmonic, a regional orchestra whose main mission is education. Music education is very close to my heart and I feel energized working for a company I believe in. No job is perfect, and I know there will be some challenges, but I’m so excited about this new chapter of my life and how much more time it will allow me to spend with Wyatt.
- Ryan’s current position as a Law Clerk ends at the end of the summer so he has been job searching as well. We are in the state of limbo again – waiting to see where he will get a job. We truly hope it will be here in Lancaster and that it will be a long time position. It’s time to build some roots.
- Today, my dad is having major surgery. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I’m on standby with my mom and Pop-Pop in the hospital and are all rooting for him.
The Little Stuff:
- I finally started running again. I’m up to one mile at a time with out wanting to pass out….that’s far away from the 4-5 miles I used to be able to do, but it’s a start!
- I got a Fit Bit Zip for my birthday and I”m obsessed with counting my steps! You can often find me walking in place or dancing like a fool in front of Wyatt to get my extra steps.
- I’m also started reading again. Other mamas – how do you read with a newborn? I was lucky to squeeze in a page or two. I think I’ve read three books since Wyatt was born. “Bringing up Bebe” “The Nightingale” and “The Martian”. I’m currently reading “Secrets of a Charmed Life”. Once again, it’s a far cry from the one book every week or two, but it’s a start!
- We’ve been catching up on the Oscar movies (something else I’m very far behind on) Lately we’ve watched The Martian, Spotlight, Brooklyn, and The Big Short.
- Those are just two examples how I feel like we are settling into a routine. It feel like we’ve finally got a few things figured out. Wyatt is sleeping a little bit more allowing us to stay up together at night more and do things like watch movies and read books.
- As much as we are in a routine, things are always changing! We feel like we are on the edge of our seats waiting to see where Ryan will find a job and where we may be living in the near future. I have major house fever (kind of like baby fever, but with wanting to buy a house!)
That’s basically what’s going on! It’s been a busy/stressful early Spring of transitions. We are ready for whatever comes next! What is new with you?