Well, we survived the blizzard of 2016. We are finally dug out and our lives have gone back to routine. The snowstorm began like any other storm, with tons of anticipation and last-minute trips to the grocery store to stock up on essentials like wine and cheese and pastries and making mental lists of all the things I will accomplish while being snowed in.
The snow began late Friday night and it fell fast and heavy, blanketing our world silently. By late Saturday we were living in a winter wonderland, buried in 29 inches of snow. We spent the next 4 days in our pajamas, bundled up inside together.
Things I accomplished during the blizzard:
- Made a long list of things I wished to accomplish during the storm.
- Accomplished none of them
- Ate an entire tub of artichoke and spinach dip from Costco
- Started each morning with copious amounts of coffee and a danish the size of my head. (bless you Costco)
- Took many naps
- Watched the entire first season of Man in the High Castle (highly recommend)
- Read The Martian (and became the only person in the country who disliked it)
- Finally took down our Christmas tree
We ventured out in the snow a few times and introduced baby Wyatt to the wonder of it all. He was not that impressed. Like is mama he would prefer that freezing rain did not hit him in the face and would rather not leave the house wearing one hundred layers. The boy seriously hates wearing hats. But we managed to get a few cute photos of the experience.
Then the novelty wore off. The snow storm ended like every other storm – with us all going a little stir crazy, our cozy home feeling almost prison like, and ready to enter the real world again.
I often lament on the fact that I wish I didn’t have to go to work so I could stay home with Wyatt all day. Well after a whole week of being inside and nowhere to go I was busting at the seams to get outside and talk to some adults.
It was nice while it lasted, but Spring, you can come anytime now.