This is an awesome recipe that takes advantage of two great things – fresh summer peaches and brie. It also somehow makes you feel like you’re being healthier because 1. it has fruit and 2. brie sounds fancier than cheddar so this in turn makes me feel like it’s healthier. Is my logic crazy? This pizza is great for a super fast dinner or cut into mini pieces and set out as hors d’oeuvres for a party. Enjoy!
1. Pizza Crust (I used store-bought but if you’re not as lazy you can make your own!)
2. 1 Tbsp olive oil
3. 3/4 cup
4. 2 peaches pitted and thinly sliced
4. 4 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
5. 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
1. Pre heat over to 425 degrees.
2. Lay pizza crust on pan and brush olive oil over crust.
3. Brush half of Balsamic vinegar on crust.
4. Top evenly with thinly sliced brie and peaches
5. Bake pizza for 7 minutes
6. After 8 minutes remove the pizza and add the fresh basil
7. Place pizza back in oven and bake for another 7 minutes (or until the brie is bubbly)
8. Meanwhile place the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 5 minutes).
9. Once pizza is baked, drizzle the balsamic reduction and serve.
Oh how I love cheese!