Hey there, I thought I’d use this Friday to do a little check in with you. Grab a coffee, let’s chat. If we were sitting down together, sharing a chat over coffee, this is what I’d tell you:
- Although I still don’t like winter, this winter doesn’t seem so bad. Probably because the winter of 2014 was so awful and terrible, what with the never-ending snow and ice storms and negative temperatures. So far, this winter has seemed pretty mild in comparison. So that’s a plus.
- Last Friday, before we skipped town, we bought a new car. (This marks two new cars in one year, gasp!) I usually hate car shopping (all the small chat, all the hidden deals and messages) but this was pretty painless. We knew exactly what we wanted and we knew what we wanted to pay and we got it. We traded in my 2008 two-door Hyundai Tiburon and Ryan is now the proud driver of a 2015 Hyundai Elantra. I’m usually a sentimental sap, but I have to say I was not sad to say goodbye to Tabitha the Tiburon. Other than driving me home from Chicago after a terrible break up she’s been nothing but bad news for me. See ya!
- We’ve officially given up Comcast cable. It felt good to cut the cord (and cut down our ridiculous high bill). We got an Apple TV and it works great. We’re able to watch all the shows that we want and it works perfectly with Airplay on the Ipad.
- I’ve been reading a lot lately and will be sharing my latest book reviews next week, however I have a little secret. In addition to the “normal” books that I read, I’m also in a book club…that specifically reads books written by the girls from MTV’s Teen Mom and other fallen starlets (right now we’re consuming Jodi Sweetin’s book). They are ridiculous, sad, and highly entertaining. So far we’ve read Kailyn, Farrah, and Amber’s autobiographies. Such guilty pleasures and so fun to discuss and gossip over.
- We watched a movie we had rented through Netflix mail order this past weekend (Monuments Men). While packing up the DVD to mail back I noticed that the traditional red and white Netflix envelope was decorated with spider webs and bats and said “Happy Halloween”. Yep, we’ve had a movie since early October. We just never got around to watching it. How long have you had a movie from Netflix?
- Another confession: my Christmas decorations are all still up. Yes, my Christmas tree hit the curb (isn’t that the saddest sight?) a few weeks ago, but all the other decorations are proudly on display. I’ve been too busy, lazy, sad to take them down. Maybe this weekend….
What is new with you? How is January treating you?
We’re starting to get into winter hibernation mood. Tons of blankets, Christmas music, and cuddles over here.
Raise your hand if you’re glad it’s Friday. Dumb question.
This has felt like a very long week. The last week before the Holiday season REALLY begins. I’m anxious for a three-day work week next week followed by Thanksgiving and then everything Christmas. I’m ready for everything merry and bright and eating and drinking everything.
It’s been awhile since I popped on here to tell you what’s new with me and what’s going on in my head. So if we were to get together for happy hour today this is what you’d hear from me:
- Do you know why/how do women work out at the gym with their hair down? Seriously, I start sweating like crazy after jogging for 3 minutes and the woman next to me is smiling and has her hair blowing and bouncing behind her like she’s in a tampon commercial.
- How is it possible that my body forgets what the cold feels like. Every year? It’s been the coldest winter in my neck of the woods in 55 years. It felt like 9 degrees the other morning. It’s only November. I forget what it feels like to be hot now.
- Did you know that I’m secretly a 16-year old girl? Last week my best friend and I secured tickets to go to our third Taylor Swift concert this June and last night I attended the Hunger Games premiere. It was very very good, very intense. I’m glad they broke up into two parts to drag it out.
- One of my dear friends is moving this weekend. So this past Tuesday we do what we do best, drank cosmos, champagne, and shots of tuaca, ate a bunch of comfort food and talked for hours. Bittersweet. It’s so hard to make new friends as an adult and she is one that I made only four years ago. New Jersey isn’t too far away though!
- Speaking of champagne; when I went to the liquor store to pick up some regular old $7.99 Cooks champagne I was very excited to see a basket up by the register displaying a $29.99 bottle of champagne for only $9.99. Of course I put the bottle of Cooks back on the shelf and came home with the more expensive option. I felt so fancy. But upon drinking it my friend and I both agreed we couldn’t taste a difference between the more expensive bottle and the budget friendly cheaper options like Cooks or Yellowtail. What is you experience?
- I go through bouts where I want to get rid of everything in my closet except for my current favorites and most worn pieces. Simplify. But then a few days later I have the urge to buy buy buy.
- This weekend we are going to visit an Alpaca farm this is about 4 minutes from our house. I’m more excited than I should be.
- I’m almost all done Christmas shopping! I’m sorry if that sounds like a humble brag, but I’m proud of myself for spreading out the shopping this year, it really helped the budget, not having to buy everything in one month.
- I’ve been gradually going darker with my hair color. Since college I have been very very blonde and I’m starting to add in some more low lights and go a little bit darker. I like it!
- I’m so happy that legging and baggy sweaters are in style this year. It’s so easy to throw on and I can hide whatever I want under my sweater (like a few extra pounds from the holidays)
- I need mascara recommendations. I used to wear Dior black out, but then didn’t feel like paying $25 for mascara anymore. I switched to Maybelline Rocket Volume Express and hate it. After a hour or two it just turns into black rubbery tubes that cover my lashes and glumps them all together. What mascara that is budget friendly ($15 or less) do you LOVE?
Well that’s all that is new with me. What about you? What have you been up to?