This meal is cheap and super easy to prep and make but is also very filling. I need to say that it is impossible to make spaghetti squash, or any “casserole” for the matter, look amazing in photos. So you’ll just have to take my word (and Ryan’s) for it.
This dish satisfies any mexican cravings you may have but fills you up with veggies, protein, fiber, and vitamins.
- One large spaghetti squash
- 1 lb of chicken breasts (or other meat of your choice or go 100% veggie!)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of chili beans
- 1 can of green chilis
- Taco Seasoning
- 8 oz of Cheddar Cheese
- Salsa and Greek yogurt (drizzled on top)
- Cook the Spaghetti Squash (follow these instructions if you don’t know how)
- Grill the chicken in taco seasoning
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the beans and the chilis
- Spray a 13.x baking dish
- Spread a layer of the spaghetti squash on the bottom on the baking dish
- Add a layer of the chicken, bean, and chili mixture
- Add a layer of cheese
- Repeat the layers until you run out of ingredients
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
- Top with Salsa and Greek Yogurt (our sour cream, but did you know Greek yogurt taste just like sour cream when mixed?)
What do you like to make with Spaghetti Squash?
I’m headed off for a girls’ weekend in NYC! I hope you enjoy this crisp Fall weekend.
I’ll be back on Monday for another Think Positive Monday.