There is nothing like a snow day!
Yesterday we woke up to a blanket of snow with the promise that it would keep falling until mid day. Ryan and I were both lucky enough to be able to stay home. We bundled up and I worked in my PJ’s on the couch with Christmas movies playing in the background. It was so perfect.
The snow was the heavy but fluffy kind and was truly beautiful. By noon we had about 6 inches of snow! On my “lunch break” we ventured outside with Maggie.
Snow days always make me feel like a kid. There is also something so cozy and romantic about being snowed in. When I was younger snow days were like mini holidays. And since my mom was a teacher, she was always able to stay home with us to play games, watch movies, and bake. After a hard day sledding and trekking through the snow, my brother and I would come in starving. We’d bake some fresh cookies or stuff ourselves with some other tasty snack.
Yesterday, I decided to make Puppy Chow with a twist! I added Nutella and it was delicious! You can’t beat this 15 minute recipe!
(Some people call this snack Muddy Buddies, I prefer Puppy Chow because duh, I love puppies!)
Perfect for when your snowed in:
- 9 cups Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Wheat Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, Nutella, and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.
2. Measure out 9 cups of your desired Chex cereal in a very large bowl.
3. Pour chocolate, peanut butter, and Nutella mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
4. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag and add the powdered sugar.
5. Shake until all the pieces are coated in sugar.6. Snack your little heart out!