Raise your hand if you’re glad it’s Friday. Dumb question.
This has felt like a very long week. The last week before the Holiday season REALLY begins. I’m anxious for a three-day work week next week followed by Thanksgiving and then everything Christmas. I’m ready for everything merry and bright and eating and drinking everything.
It’s been awhile since I popped on here to tell you what’s new with me and what’s going on in my head. So if we were to get together for happy hour today this is what you’d hear from me:
- Do you know why/how do women work out at the gym with their hair down? Seriously, I start sweating like crazy after jogging for 3 minutes and the woman next to me is smiling and has her hair blowing and bouncing behind her like she’s in a tampon commercial.
- How is it possible that my body forgets what the cold feels like. Every year? It’s been the coldest winter in my neck of the woods in 55 years. It felt like 9 degrees the other morning. It’s only November. I forget what it feels like to be hot now.
- How will we survive if our future belongs to teens like Willow and Jaden Smith: Can’t stop shaking my head
- Did you know that I’m secretly a 16-year old girl? Last week my best friend and I secured tickets to go to our third Taylor Swift concert this June and last night I attended the Hunger Games premiere. It was very very good, very intense. I’m glad they broke up into two parts to drag it out.
- One of my dear friends is moving this weekend. So this past Tuesday we do what we do best, drank cosmos, champagne, and shots of tuaca, ate a bunch of comfort food and talked for hours. Bittersweet. It’s so hard to make new friends as an adult and she is one that I made only four years ago. New Jersey isn’t too far away though!
- Speaking of champagne; when I went to the liquor store to pick up some regular old $7.99 Cooks champagne I was very excited to see a basket up by the register displaying a $29.99 bottle of champagne for only $9.99. Of course I put the bottle of Cooks back on the shelf and came home with the more expensive option. I felt so fancy. But upon drinking it my friend and I both agreed we couldn’t taste a difference between the more expensive bottle and the budget friendly cheaper options like Cooks or Yellowtail. What is you experience?
- I go through bouts where I want to get rid of everything in my closet except for my current favorites and most worn pieces. Simplify. But then a few days later I have the urge to buy buy buy.
- This weekend we are going to visit an Alpaca farm this is about 4 minutes from our house. I’m more excited than I should be.
- I’m almost all done Christmas shopping! I’m sorry if that sounds like a humble brag, but I’m proud of myself for spreading out the shopping this year, it really helped the budget, not having to buy everything in one month.
- I’ve been gradually going darker with my hair color. Since college I have been very very blonde and I’m starting to add in some more low lights and go a little bit darker. I like it!
- I’m so happy that legging and baggy sweaters are in style this year. It’s so easy to throw on and I can hide whatever I want under my sweater (like a few extra pounds from the holidays)
- I need mascara recommendations. I used to wear Dior black out, but then didn’t feel like paying $25 for mascara anymore. I switched to Maybelline Rocket Volume Express and hate it. After a hour or two it just turns into black rubbery tubes that cover my lashes and glumps them all together. What mascara that is budget friendly ($15 or less) do you LOVE?
Well that’s all that is new with me. What about you? What have you been up to?