Happy Friday! What better way to celebrate than with cake batter truffles! And sprinkles!
There are lots of variations of these truffles across the internet but this is my version. I was looking for something easy and fun to bake for a girls weekend. Truffles pack the equal amount of yummyness and classiness. (yes, I just called truffles classy).
I know that I usually post semi healthy options when it comes to recipes. Please note that these are not healthy in the least, but at least these bite size treats are so sweet and rich that it is easy enough to have one and walk away.
My cake batter truffles were a big hit with my girlfriends and also make great gifts/treats to wrap up in cute boxes to give to people or to serve at your Oscar Party. Let’s get started!
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cake mix (I used extra moist)
- 3/8 cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 61/4 cup of skim milk
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles
- 16 ounces of white chocolate
- 5 Tablespoons yellow cake mix
- sprinkles or other chocolate for decorating
- Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer. Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix together.. Add milk to make a dough consistency. Mix in sprinkles by hand.
- Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill balls freezer for about 30 minutes.
- While dough balls are chilling in the freezer, melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir between intervals. Once melted, stir in cake mix instantly until incorporated completely.You have to stir in the cake mix very quickly.
- Dip each truffles into the melted chocolate and shake off excess. Place truffle back on the cookie sheet and top with sprinkles instantly (the chocolate dries very quickly.)
- Chill truffles in the refrigerator until serving. Makes around 32-36 truffles.